Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sorry for My Silence

I don't have a whole lot to say today, and I'm not really in the right frame of mind to be funny for you guys.

Today, I took my dog, Sophie to the vet.  I took her to the vet, and I left her there to be put to sleep.  It was a very hard decision, and it was a very emotional experience for me.

Sophie was almost 11 years old, and I will never forget the joy and comfort she brought me during those 11 years.  She was the best dog I could ever ask for.

I have arranged to have two or three guest posts for the next few weeks, and will happily accept any other offers to write guest posts for my blog.  Until I feel like I can handle being silly, stupid, and funny, I will leave you guys to the guest posts I have arranged.  Hopefully I will be back on my game, and writing blog posts in two or three weeks.  Maybe even sooner.


If you'd like to know more about Sophie the Dog, or see some pictures of her, here are the blog posts where I mention her.  Some are focused on her entirely, and some just have her mentioned in passing.  Many of the have photos of her, and two of them have videos.


While you guys wait patiently for the guest posts I've lined up and new posts from me, I recommend checking out my favorite posts on this blog.  These posts are my personal favorites (in chronological order), and always make me laugh when I go back and read them.  Enjoy!


If you are looking for something else to read, I recommend these posts from Sister's blog.


Thanks to all of you, in advance, for your time, love, and support.  I hope to be back and better than ever soon!

11 comments:

  1. Cat, I am so sorry for you loss. Yes, it's real loss and it hard as hell. I know that feeling well and pray that you, and all those who loved Sohpie, heal quickly. Perhaps Kati will be there to throw her a bone upon arrival.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea how sad this makes me. She was an awesome dog, and irreplaceable. I don't really know what to say because I'm grieving with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry to hear about Sophie! hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sad too. Even though I haven't really been around Sophie in so long...she was the family dog...and this really does affect the whole family I feel.

    Really...take one of mine...please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could say I'm sorry again, because I am, but it seems too repetitive. Instead I'll say that I'm not just sad for you, but also sad that Sophie is no longer with us, because I will miss her too, not nearly as much as you. It's not even comparable, but to think that I'll never see her run around the pool and bark at us or turn in a circle when you tell her to roll over, or growl at Little Brother (hahaha, poor LB)...it really does make me sad. She was a great dog.

    But, at least she wasn't in pain long, and you gave her a great life. You were a great dog owner, training her well, giving her treats, taking her for walks, playing with her often, and letting her sleep in your bed. A dog couldn't ask for a better friend.

    Everyone, please help Catherine by writing guest posts! They don't have to be brilliant or amazing. But it will help her not to worry about her blog. :) And it's the only thing I know of that she's asked for during this time, so, please, help her out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you in this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry! I am going through part of this proces myself, trying to decide if its 'time'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christine - I bet Catherine would take Lillie in a heartbeat. I'd bet that offer is not on the table though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Kevin - Yeah...Husband would probably give up his car before he gave up Lilly...and that's saying a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I understand. I remember when my last dog died...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went back and re-read every one of those Sophie posts and watched both videos. I will miss that stupid, crazy, bonkers dog....

    ReplyDelete